Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Great Garlicky Red Sauce


Between chopping red pepper and garlic for an eel dish I cooked tonight I came across a recipe, for Mojo Colorado (Garlicky red sauce) in my cookbook. (The cookbook, in case you're wondering, is Spanish Home Cooking by Miriam Kelen). I loved the sauce and it is very versatile. You can put it in a jar and it will keep in the fridge for about a week. It goes well on chicken, fish, potatoes or pasta. I used it instead of pasta sauce and thought it worked very well.

What you'll need:
8-10 cloves of garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/4 of a cup of bread crumbs
1 tablespoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.

In food processor or with mortar and pestle process garlic, bread crumbs, paprika, salt and cumin. Add oil water and vinegar, blend until smooth.

No comments: