Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hot Chicken Salad-- yum!

This recipe comes from the Food Network Web site. I saw it on the Paula Deen show and added a few of my own ingredients to make it even tastier.
What you'll need:

2 cups of cooked chicken breast meat, cubed (two chicken breasts is all you need) *
1 cup of diced celery
1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
1/2 cup of slivered almonds
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
1 cup of mayonase
1 cup of grated sharp Cheddar
2/3 cup of crushed potato chips or bread crumbs
1 cup of peas

* I boiled the chicken and froze the broth to use in a soup at a later date!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl combine chicken, dijon mustard, almonds, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice, celery, mayonase, cheddar and peas. Spray vegetable oil or cooking spray onto a dish. Put the mixture in a 13 by 9-inch (or 9 by 9-inch) dish. Spread the crushed chips or bread crumbs on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Memphis said...

Hey Natasha. Thanks for this recipe. I'm going to try it. Do you just serve the chicken salad as a standalone, or is it meant to be stuffed into sandwiches, etc.?

Also this week, I'm going to try this slow-cook recipe on Korean short ribs. Never done it before. Recipe calls for a lot of meat, but the cut is apparently inexpensive. Thought I'd share it with you:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/slow-cooked-korean-style-short-rib-soup-recipe2/index.html

Happy cooking!

Oh, by the way, this is Laura Yuen sending you this email -- not my dog!

Natasha Orrick said...

Hey Laura,
I served this as a standalone, so did Paula Deen. But I also thought it might be really tasty on a sandwich! And I am sure it could go well with a side of vegetables such as corn or maybe some potatoes. I was also thinking it might even work on a bed or rice or pasta.... the possibilities are endless. ;-)